Cultural and Heritage
Magellan Marker : Erected in the time of Spanish District Gov. Jose Maria Carvallo in 1872, this edifce located at the mouth of Agusan river in present day Magallanes, is the site of the first catholic mass in Mindanao on April 8,1521. Magallanes, in the olden days was called Baug, formerly the site of Butuan.
Centennial Bitaug Tree: More than 500 years old this was declared a centennial tree by the Phil. Centennial Commission on June 3, 1998. Location: Brgy. Caloc-an, Magallanes.
Cabadbaran Ancestral Houses: Cabadbaran’s Ancestral houses are predominantly old Spanish architecture. The most prominent of them is the Atega Ancestral Home, the biggest and most beautifully preserved in Caraga. It is the abode of Cabadbaran’s revolutionary hero – Don Andres Atega.
Our Lady of Assumption Church: After the devastating typhoon in 1876, Fr. Urios instigated Jabonganons to look for a higher ground for a permanent church. Fr. Chambo, SJ, started construction in 1878. Fr. Llobera, SJ, blessed it during the feast of Corpus Cristi, June 17, 1897.Today, it is the oldest Spanish church in the whole Caraga.
Cabadbaran Museum: This is a mini-museum located at the ground floor of Teofisto Guingona Sr. Hall. It is a repository to the town’s old documents, as well as artifacts from Cabadbaran’s 4 archeological sites